AAR CORP Defense Contracts Manager in WOOD DALE, Illinois
Title: Defense Contracts Manager
Location: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Job Number: 7189
The Defense Contract Manager is responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Programs contract requirements, receiving statements of work, analyzing and writing proposals, addressing changes to the Programs contract, and interfacing directly with the client for any contractual issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the preparation and revision of contracts.
• Oversee proposal planning and administration of contracts.
• Negotiate terms and conditions.
• Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and budgets.
• Track authorizations and correspondence.
• Directs Contractor Administrator duties.
• Monitors with PMO, Purchasing and Quality personnel that all critical vendors are meeting their subcontract requirements and reporting.
• Develops monthly financial reports for the Project Manager, assists with Profit and Loss (P & L) development.
• Responsible to assure all FAR regulations are being followed, monitors for update.
• Quarterly, monitors the Service Contract Act (SCA) for changes by location.
• Maintain detailed and organized files.
• Prepare contract change notices, monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
• Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
• Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate AAR DSL meetings.
• Ensure that AAR DSL is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations.
• Perform closing activities as needed.
• Track payments and deadlines.
• Analyze and mitigate risk.
• Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with AAR DSL policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in contracts, military logistics, purchasing, or similar business discipline required.
• Must have strong understanding of contracts, purchasing agreements, loan agreements or letters of credit.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) preferred; or DAWIA Level II Acquisition Certification through DAU or equivalent preferred.
• Prior experience in the Defense industry is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. In addition, this position requires the use of a computer, intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran