AAR CORP WASS Quality Control Lead (Logistics) - INL in MELBOURNE, Florida
Title: WASS Quality Control Lead (Logistics) - INL
Location: United States-Florida-Melbourne
Job Number: 8024
Responsible for providing leadership, vision and daily task guidance to the Logistics Quality Control team working in all areas of logistics functions to include, but not limited to, warehousing, vehicle maintenance, GSE maintenance. Resolves complex problems requiring-in depth knowledge. Directs activities of more junior staff. Management and supervisory skills required. Quality control ensures product quality compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
• Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
• Prepare and present technical and program information to the management team.
• Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and inspection standards.
• Lead investigations into customer complaints regarding quality, ensure systems are in place to address customer quality issues, returns, complaints.
• Continuously develop and improve the adequacy of existing Quality Control procedures and processes.
• Lead, mentor, & coach your QC team by promoting a culture of quality awareness.
• Lead and guide improvement initiatives and make high-value improvements across the program.
• Adhere to the Quality Plan to drive performance using ISO standards.
• Ensure compliance with ISO standards.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
• Seek, share and assist in institutionalizing best practices.
• Ensure operational personnel comply with established and applicable policies and procedures.
• Conduct audits, inspections to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have completed an apprenticeship and/or formal training as an aviation/aerospace QC Technician.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Quality Control, of which eight (8) must be specialized supporting an aviation/aerospace program
• Effective communications skills in English.
• Must pass and possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification prior to hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. In addition, this position requires the use of a computer, intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran